Hey Everyone…. hope you’re having a beautiful day… has anyone put up their Christmas decorations yet? I haven’t.. not like I don’t want to, I just haven’t. Even though I can smell Christmas everywhere! Isn’t it exciting? Lights are up… I can sort of smell harmattan too. But is anyone excited about Christmas this year, like I am.
So today we have a guest writer! Whoop Whoop!
She’s a smart, intelligent woman, anything she touches with her hands turns to gold! She’s very good with her hands, she’s a part of the Justusgirls team, she’s the one responsible for most of the magic you see during When women worship and Justusgirls Conference and in DCC. She’s none other than Mrs Amaka Femi-Adeite.
Standing ovation please… lol (she’s not going to like this at all)
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on your troubles will be out of sight…
So have yourself a merry little Christmas
Ooh I love Christmas, I love Christmas songs, and I love how they make me happy. They get me in the Christmas mood. You hear these songs everywhere you go, in the stores, offices, restaurants, even on the road side. They remind you that, that delightful time of the year is here again. Not just the songs though, the décor popping up everywhere,
the lights…ooh…the lights.
Now you have me excited. When you just pass by those big organizations and malls that pull out all the stops to light up their buildings, dont you just get so wide eyed and in awe of how beautiful it all looks?
Or is it just me? I just want to take it all home. Oh what a wonderful sight.If you are like me and love to have your home just as beautiful during this season then I have a few tips for you on how to decorate your home this Christmas.
1. Christmas trees are a fantastic way to make your home pop. You can go for white trees or green trees. Embellish them with lots of ornaments, ribbons, bows, lights etc. just get your tree popping.
Place your wrapped gifts under the tree (who doesn’t love trees) as you count down to unboxing them. Tree decorating time is also a great way to bond with the family.
2. Wreaths: let your front door do the welcoming
3. Candy jars are a cheap and creative way to add a pop of colour to your living room or dining area especially if you are a sweet tooth like me. They also serve as treats for your guests. Just get a glass jar and pour in red , white and green candy and set the jar on a visible table
4. Garland: line it on the window panes, staircase, fire place(lol)
5. Lights: oooh!!Lights!! twinkling like stars at night. Hang you lights on your trees, balcony, porch, roof, garden. Just get them all out. If you have a large outdoor space, you may want to create a nativity set or even bring out Santa and his elves
6. DIY: if you are a DIY queen like me, I have a few great ideas for you to try out.
Hope I was able to inspire you to pull out those dusty boxes filled with Christmas decorations and get your home looking festive. Have a lovely Christmas guys.
Alright guys, let the tree decorations begin!
Make sure to tag us when you put up pictures of your tree on IG @justusgirlsnaija
See you guys soon