I’m just wondering how many of us still do the new year resolution thingy. 😀 😀 I’m laughing because I gave up long long ago. If you’re like me barely keeping them in the first two weeks you’d give up too.
I’m not too hard on myself about it though because they were never really life-changing or life-threatening resolutions. Hey! I’m still here aren’t I? And I broke every single one of them I can tell you that.
However I’ve come to the realisation that its only the life-changing goals. That really matter. So here’s my 13 things that will matter most in 2013. These are things that should be worked into your life consistently and you are bound to see a big difference.
Let me warn though, the key is in consistency. You can’t do them one off and expect results.
So here goes
1. Your Relationship With God:
this will be one of those years where knowing God won’t just be a plus. It will make a huge difference in your life. And trust me this isn’t just pastor talk. See, there are things that only God can do and you’ll need a lot of those this year. The bible says (yes the bible… Stop rolling your eyes at me madam 😀 ) those that know their God shall be strong and do exploits- things worth testifying about (Dan 11:32). If you know God and have a relationship with Him, you’ll be like a genius. Trust me 2013 is a good year to be a God worshipper, He’ll let you in on a lot of secrets – that will favour you. Knowing God will make this a very easy and productive year.
2. Your Relationships:
this year you will meet a lot of people. You need to recognize them and the roles they will play in your life. Your 2013 will be defined by the people you let in and out of your life. So be careful. Some people are actually better out than in. Ask Father Abraham (Gen 13:14-15) Lot left and Voila! Miracles began. After all, it was the year that King Uzziah died that Isaiah saw the Lord (Isaiah 6:1). So don’t be afraid to break up with that nuisance you call a boyfriend or that “friend” that if called an enemy it would be more of a compliment sef. Point is if you don’t feel good about the relationship even the tiniest bit, darling say “Au revoir” and shut the door behind them. Make new friends, laugh a lot. Enjoy life with people who love you in 2013.
3. Your Faith: 2013 will be the kind of year you won’t forget in a hurry but it will be dependent on what you can believe for. God’s ability to bless has never been in question. Its always about what you can believe to receive. As my Pk always says “It takes the will of God and the Faith of men to make miracles happen.” So honey, dream big but more importantly put your faith to work. If you can believe it. God can do it.
4. Your Life-style: sweetie this year the way you live will matter. We often forget that we are here only briefly. So we only have little time to do so much. This year be conscious of how you live. Don’t take for granted the fact that “its my life abeg.” It is your life but it was given. You didn’t earn it. This is the year where your life should mean something. Be a positive role model. You de forbid for person to call you mentor? 😀 we have so many young people looking for people to emulate. Please help them. Live a life worthy of emulation. Don’t be two-faced. Don’t live recklessly forgetting that other people live on this earth with you. Be considerate.
5. Your Ability To Forgive: okay so people will offend you. Get used to it. After all, you too will offend people. that also means learning to forgive yourself for your own past errors. This is not a year to keep grudges. Avoid circumstances where people tell you stories about what people are doing or saying about you. Besides remember that those who bring that kind of gist to you are just waiting for you to say something they can misquote. So don’t let anyone fuel your anger, forgive quickly, forget what they did and love again. Trust me, for every negative experience you have there are at least ten other people who can give you a reason to still believe in humanity.
6. Your Love Walk: 2013 a great year to show love. Make it a point of duty to be good to people this year. Do a lot of things especially for those who can’t pay you back. Mehn! Its a feeling that cannot be explained I tell you. And try not to make a show of it. Its more fulfilling not to mention more rewarding. 1 Corinthians 13 would be a great scripture to meditate on daily and actually live by.
7. Your Health :
very funny. but seriously don’t play with your health this year. Eat right, exercise, drink more water, less caffeine *honestly I’d like to say no caffeine but my American friends would just kill me and that would be the end of me and my blogging 😀 * basically what I’m saying is do all you can in your power to stay alive and well. Bad year to die folks 🙂
8. Your Self-Esteem:
I find that life doesn’t give you what you deserve but what you demand but its funny that what you demand depends on what you think you deserve. A lot of the rubbish we allow in our lives is because we don’t think we deserve better. That guy that’s hitting you and cheating on you and spending your money and you’re still with him even when you know deep in your heart he’s not good for you, well, the reason why you won’t leave him is because you don’t think you can do better. That dehumanizing job you’re at it’s because you think you can’t do better. Change the way you see yourself in 2013 and you’re bound to attract better.
9. Your Prayer Life: being able to call on God at anytime of the day at any time this year will be an advantage in 2013. We can change situations, clear our mind, get direction, get answers and become more like God by spending more time with him. However let me quickly say this what ever happens to you this year. Don’t worry just pray. Don’t just talk about the situation pray about it. There’s never enough room in your heart for both worry and faith. You must decide in this 2013 which one will live there. Prayer can help you make that choice.
10. Prioritizing: This year please put first things first. Don’t try to do everything. Find out what’s really important and do it with all your heart. Trying to do everything usually results In spreading yourself too thin and not doing anything in the end.
11. The State Of Your Heart: guard your heart that’s where life begins. Prov 4:23 tells us. It determines the course of your life. But how you ask? Simple be careful what you hear, see and say. Your eyes, ears and mouth are gates to your heart. Be careful what you read, what you watch and what you repeat. Your heart attracts things into your life. As a man thinks in his heart so is he.
because a lot of great things will happen this year for you. You need to learn the art of saying thank you. If you are one of those people who find it hard to say thank you then start practicing now because the more you give show appreciation, the more great things will happen for you. Learn to thank God because any good thing that happens for you came from him (James 1:17). Also say thank you to the people he uses. Some people are very hard to do stuff for. I don’t know if you’ve met people who act like it’s their right when you do them a favour. It takes the grace of God to keep doing stuff for them.
13. Visiting http://justusgirls.wordpress.com 😀 I’m not joking o! If you don’t come here regularly just imagine the things you will miss. All the stuff you could have learned that you wont. This year look out for all the posts you won’t regret it. In fact it will make a huge difference in your life even if I say so myself 😉
…And oh! It will matter the amount of people you tell about this blog and drop a comment every time you drop by. I’ll be giving a lot of gifts out this year so you never know. It may be the day you drop by 😉
Any ideas though, please holler! Talk to you guys later.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.